Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My favourite Bergman/Rossellini movies+Stromboli

Ok, I know every Bergman/Rossellini movie but Giovanna d'Arco al Rogo, so I just can judge about the other 5 :)

my rank 5 is "Europa '51", nevertheless a good movie, but I wouldn't call it my favourite. (Story and background another time)

my rank 4 is "La Paura" (engl."Fear"), wonderful dramatic and a great story (Story and background another time)

my rank 3 is "Siamo Donne"(We, the Women), kinda funny, especially the part with Ingrid Bergman of course;)->we're just talking about this part here :D(Story and background another time)

my rank 2 is "Viaggio in Italia"(Journey to Italy), with George Sanders by her side, Ingrid Bergman did just an incredible good movie!(Story and background another time)

my rank 1 is "Stromboli":) my criticism - see below;)

Stromboli
My personal favourite Bergman/Rossllini film. The story is perfect and I think the great thing about this movie is, that -except Ingrid Bergman- there's no real actor ! That all were inhabitants of Stromboli (as I've heard and read). And that gives the movie so much charm, plus the perfect Ingrid Bergman it's one of the best movies ever (I think the best movie ever is Gaslight...). Also Rossellini has shown the life on that island, how the people there really live and I think that's somekind of "trademark" for Rossellini at that time, because after "Stromboli" he didn't really return to his old style.
The story and the background, I'll post another time :))because it would be too much for me now -.-































No comments:

Post a Comment